We know meeting someone for the first time can be intimidating, and going to a new church for the first time can be nerve-racking. We want to help make your first experience at Duncannon Assembly of God great.
- Sunday Small Groups – 9:30 am
- Morning Service & Kids’ Church – 10:45
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT DUNCANNON ASSEMBLY OF GOD?
- When you first enter our building, we’ll greet you with a smile and a homemade snack and/or coffee.
- Our morning services are usually between 1 hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half. We begin at 10:45 am. Our church family loves to chat before service, and sometimes, well, most of the time, we start a little late!
- Services begin with a good morning from Pastor Campbell, and then our worship team leads the church in music. Our music is a mix of modern worship songs with a hint of traditional hymns and older worship choruses. The song lyrics are displayed on our three large screens, so you can sing along or engage with the worship however you feel comfortable. Our music is not a stage show to entertain–there is no smoke or choreographed light show–it’s an experience for you to participate in. The attention goes to Jesus, not our musicians.
- Once the music portion of the service is over, we receive an offering, and once a month, we celebrate Communion at this time. All believers are permitted to partake in the bread and the cup with us, but if you don’t feel comfortable, no problem. Just let the serving dishes pass you.
- Once those portions of the service are complete, Pastor Campbell will share an encouraging and hope-filled message about Jesus. Our pastor is down-to-earth and relatable. His preaching is firmly grounded in the scriptures and calls you to apply the message to your life.
WHAT’S THE CULTURE LIKE AT DUNCANNON ASSEMBLY?
Sundays at our church are casual and relaxed. Come as you are and expect to feel welcomed as our guest.
WHAT ABOUT MY KIDS?
We believe that kids should have a blast at church every single week. At Duncannon Assembly Kids For Christ, we make this a priority. Our Kids’ program focuses on having fun while helping kids learn to navigate their world based on Biblical principles.
The other priority we have is your children’s safety. Because of that, we have a check-in process for our kids’ program. The first time you visit, you want to leave yourself an extra 10 minutes to get signed in. We offer our Kids For Christ is offered for kids ages 4 through grade 6, or whatever grade. Our kids worship with us in the main sanctuary until the offering is complete, and then a scrolling message will appear on the screens, dismissing them to Kids’ Church. They’ll meet their teacher in the lobby.
We also have a nursery available for children up to age 3. It’s on the lower level of the building, the last door on the left of the hallway. The nursery is available for the entire service. After the child turns 4, they are promoted to Kids’ Church and will stay in “Big Church” until the dismissal to Kids’ Church.
LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS
WHERE TO PARK
We are in town Duncannon and don’t have a huge parking lot, but there are other places to park nearby.
Enter our parking lot between the church and the matching brick house (The parsonage where the pastor lives). There are two handicapped spaces in front of the house.
There are a number of parking spots in front of the parsonage, behind the church, and near the pavilion.
If there are no open spots, there is more parking on the street parking and behind the Borough Building next door.
Let Us Know You're Coming!
Whatever you are comfortable in. If you want to dress up, go ahead! If you want to wear jeans and a t-shirt, that’s fine too.
One of our main front entrances is handicapped accessible via a ramp. The main level restroom is also accessible, and there is a place for those in wheelchairs and their families along the back wall of the sanctuary.
We have two doors at the front of our building, one of which is handicapped accessible via a ramp. The other is up just a few steps.
At the back of the church there are two doors, the single door is open and brings you into the lower level. There is a staircase just past the restrooms which brings you up to the main level by the front doors. The double doors on the back of the church are kept locked.
This is never a silly question!
We have separate men’s and women’s restrooms in the lower level just at the bottom of the entry steps. There is also a unisex, handicapped accessible restroom on the main floor.